Welcome to the Blog Tour & Giveaway for A Father’s Promise by Mindy Obenhaus, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: A Father’s Promise
Author: Mindy Obenhaus
Publisher: Love Inspired
Release Date: June 16, 2020
Genre: Inspirational Contemporary Romance
He doesn’t think he deserves a family… but now he has a daughter.
Stunned to discover he has a child, Wes Bishop isn’t sure he’s father material. But his adorable daughter needs him, and he can’t help feeling drawn to her mother, Laurel Donovan — a woman he’s finally getting to know.
But can this sudden dad overcome a past tragedy that has him convinced he’s not meant to be a husband or a father…and make a promise of forever?
PURCHASE LINKS: Goodreads | Amazon| Barnes & Noble| Book Depository| Christianbook
- Here at Kat’s Corner books, we’re fans of cats, but love all pets. Do you have a pet?
- Mindy: We do! Two sassy dogs. Both of them have attitude, so things get lively sometimes.
- Open your text message app. What are the first 10 words that come up automatically?
- Mindy: Me too! I’m excited to see it with lights on.
- Kat: I am dying to know what you want to see with lights on. A house, a car, a submarine?
- When you are not writing, what other “hats” do you wear?
- Mindy: Mom, grammy, cook, maid… You know, an array of very glamorous things. 😉
- Kat: That why we read, to live vicariously in glamorous lives! Next stop: Hollywood.
- What is one thing you’d like your readers to take away from this story?
- That nothing is too big for God. He can bring our greatest blessings out of our biggest mistakes.
- For readers new to the Love Inspired Line what is something you’d like them to know?
- Mindy: Love Inspired books may be shorter reads, but they’re still satisfying and many of them tackle some tough subjects. And they are always uplifting with a guaranteed HEA.
- What is a passion you have besides writing?
- Mindy: Food and family. I love to cook (and eat), but cooking is always more enjoyable when you’re doing it for someone you love.
- Kat: I agree – I like cooking but not just for myself.
- If you could meet one person who is no longer living who would you pick and why?
- Mindy: My husband’s great grandmother. She was born in the late 1860s, orphaned at four years old when her parents died in a yellow fever epidemic, inherited thousands of acres of land that’s still in the family today and married a statesman. Definitely an interesting woman.
- Can you tell us a little about your current WIP?
- Mindy: I’m at the very beginning stages of book three in my Bliss, Texas series. And, unless something changes, it involves a castle—in Texas. 😉
- Kat: I like castles!
- How do you approach faith in your books?
- Mindy: Prayerfully. I know God has a plan not only for each and every story, but for a reader He knows needs to hear the message that is inside. I want to be sure it’s His words that are on the page, not mine.
A Father’s Promise by Mindy Obenhaus welcomes us to the new community of Ft. Bliss with a group of cherished friends. I like each of these ladies already and appreciate that they’re a bit older than your typical romance heroines (30s-40s).
In this first of the series, we get to know Laurel, who struggles with abandonment by her father. While I understand how that can affect your entire life there were times that I got frustrated with how much she projected her father’s decisions onto Wes. But, she is a great mother and a kind friend. One thing that I admired was her willingness to forgive – a plot twist you’ll have to read to find out.
Wes is up front about his move to Iraq, which I appreciate after so many books where one or the other tries to hide the fact that they’re leaving in a set time. Laural and Wes have to face that together and both struggle with what that means for them. The way Wes dived into parenting despite his concerns made me smile with some adorable moments.
Hubs read this out loud to me and made me wait to finish it until he could read again. His thoughts: “It was an intriguing little book, but she could add in some military conspiracy twists.” LOL. I reminded him that the suspense books have PURPLE spines. 😉
I received a copy of this book for the purpose of this tour. I was not required to post a positive review. All opinions are my own.
About the Author
Award-winning author Mindy Obenhaus is passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining and sometimes adventurous manner. She lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, two sassy pups, countless cattle, deer, and the occasional coyote, mountain lion, or snake. When she’s not writing, she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, cooking, and watching copious amounts of the Hallmark Channel.
CONNECT WITH MINDY: Website| Facebook | Twitter |Instagram | Pinterest | Goodreads|Bookbub
(1) winner will receive a signed copy of A Father’s Promise, a $20 Amazon gift card, and a James 1:17 mug!
Be sure to check out each stop on the tour for more chances to win. Full tour schedule linked below. Giveaway will begin at midnight July 6, 2020 and last through 11:59 PM EST on July 13, 2020. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to the policies found here.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!